And then, my husband pointed at what had been the old Nuba location on Hastings St. and yelled, “Look! La Taqueria!” Those words were like a siren’s song to my ears. I lost all control of my body. Time slowed. My eyes widened and my pulse raced; I could hear the woosh-woosh-woosh in my ears. I turned to follow my husband’s pointing finger and cried, “Where?!”
- Central & South America
- North America
Subscribe to my Feed
View all of Vancouver Bites’ pics on FB
- Do you write essays or articles about food? Submit to @PrismLitMag's Non-fiction Contest! Deadline Dec. 5th! wp.me/pVd4C-16i---tweeted 1 week ago
- Finally made it in to @CRAFTbeeryvr! http://t.co/fzbVMsVJhH---tweeted 1 week ago
- RT @NatalieZed: Pulled pork grilled cheese with corn bread & slaw from hogtownsmoke #sorryfoodhaters instagram.com/p/hBxNQBOwqc---tweeted 2 weeks ago
- RT @foodee: Cool looking cafe on E. Hastings near Nanaimo, modelled after an old train platform. Via @scoutmagazine ow.ly/pHdyh---tweeted 1 month ago
- Nom nom. RT @CityFarmsCoop: Need ideas for dinner? Check out our ratatouille bags @vanmarket. #Troutlake ow.ly/i/2XRVG---tweeted 3 months ago
- RT @vanhappenings: UPCOMING #EVENT HIGHLIGHT: the second annual @gastown #BBQ and Chili Festival runs Aug. 31-Sept. 1 ow.ly/obri4---tweeted 3 months ago
Email Vancouver Bites!
Win a FREE Vancouver Food Tour!
Finding comfort inapples bacon beans beer breakfast burgers Burnaby Caribbean cheese chicken chile relleno chips cocktails coffee cookies corn tortillas coxinhas crab cakes Cuban dessert diners eggs feijoada fireplaces fish food festivals French toast fried bananas fries Gastown guacamole ham home fries hummus Indian Jarritos lamb Mac'n'Cheese macaroni salad mashed potatoes Mexican milkshakes muffins Pad Thai pasta pastries patios pie pita plantains Portland potatoes recipes red curry ribs rice salad salmon salsa sandwiches sausage scallops seafood shrimp soup spring rolls steak stew tacos teriyaki toast Vancouver waffles wine yam fries